Compliance Officer (Maternity Cover) – Block/Estate Management
BNS is looking for a full time Compliance Officer to join our team on a maternity cover basis from October 2022.
Although the role is on a maternity cover basis, BNS is a growing business and future opportunities may arise for a permanent position within the various departments.
What does the Compliance department do?
Ensuring the company is compliant with legislation and industry best practice. Educating and guiding members of staff to ensure best practice is met. This includes acting on policies and procedures and monitoring continued compliance of all areas of the business against industry legislation, regulation and best practice. Providing advice and support to staff on all compliance related matters. Dealing with requests from property owners or clients regarding the sale of their property and consents for changes or additions to their property.
- Oversee buildings insurance claims, liaising with the broker and claimant through to completion of remedial works.
- Assist with the setting of annual service charge budgets in conjunction with the Property Management and Accounts departments.
- Ensure service charge invoices are sent to homeowners in a timely manner by tracking due dates and posting.
- Issue consents to homeowners wishing to carry out alternations to their flats.
- Carry out Company Secretarial duties for our clients including registering Directors and completing annual confirmation statements.
- Carry out the administration required in new and lost business and liaise with relevant parties to ensure the correct information is received.
- Provide assistance in dealing with Solicitor enquiries on the sale of properties within our portfolio.
- Provide assistance in dealing with enquiries on the requirements of legal documents.
- Experience in the property industry desirable.
- Good administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Confident in raising issues/asking questions
- Good communication skills
Hours of work
- Full time
- Monday to Friday
- 9am – 5pm