Compliance Manager – Block/Estate Management
An exciting opportunity has arisen due to continued business development to head the Compliance department in ensuring both legislative and health & safety compliance is met.
- This role would suit someone who has worked as a Property Manager or similar in estate/block management and looking to diversify into compliance.
What does the Compliance department do?
Ensuring the company is compliant with legislation and industry best practice. Educating and guiding members of staff to ensure best practice is met. This includes acting on policies and procedures, monitoring continued compliance of all areas of the business against industry legislation, regulation and best practice. Providing advice and support to both staff clients on all compliance related matters. Dealing with requests from property owners or clients regarding the sale of their property and consents for changes or additions to their property.
Duties of the Compliance Manager
- Lease interpretation in order to provide staff and clients with suitable advice.
- Checking Section 20 notices for major works before they are issued to ensure compliance with legislation is met.
- Ensure Section 20 consultations on long term agreements are carried out and monitor approved contractor renewals.
- Review existing Management Agreements with clients and prepare renewals whilst ensuring all aspects are covered and complied with for sign off by the Operations Director.
- Oversee the handovers of new and outgoing business, ensuring ARMA standards are adhered to.
- Monitoring and reporting to the Board of Directors on the overall Health & Safety and legislative compliance across the portfolio.
- Work with the Operations Director in preparing for ARMA Audits.
- Work with the Operations Director in overseeing GDPR compliance and addressing information requests and any reported breaches.
- Check draft service charge budgets for compliance with the lease, H&S requirements, and long-term maintenance plans prior to them being issued to the client.
- Attending certain client meetings where compliance matters need to be discussed.
- Be involved in the company’s formal complaints and escalation process.
- Provide information for client Management Reports detailing their compliance performance.
- Arrange and lead staff training on compliance matters and industry updates.
- Hold regular meetings with Property Managers to discuss any compliance matters arising within their portfolios.
- Propose and oversee client proposals and improvement plans relating to compliance matters.
- MIRPM qualification – essential
- Experience in block/estate management
- Experience in attending client meetings
- Ability to interpret and report on lease and management company legal documents
- A thorough understanding of industry legislation and best practice
- Attention to detail
- Confident in raising issues/asking questions
- Good communication and customer service skills
- An understanding of industry specific Health & Safety guidance
Hours of work
- Full time
- Monday to Friday
- 9am–5pm (requests for flexible working can be considered)
How to apply
Please email a copy of your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com